On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 12:12 PM, John Orth <j...@orthfamily.net> wrote:
> That was my initial thought as well, but I don't have a great understanding
> of what exactly the i2c bus does and how it works with the other hardware.
>  Is it possible that some other piece of hardware (non-USB, and non-USB host
> chipset) is impacting this?  The only reason I ask is that I have a PCI
> wireless card that is using the kernel rtl8185 driver (which thus far could
> best be described as "functional") and network traffic often gets dropped
> for several seconds.  Is it worth unloading the rtl8185 module and seeing if
> that makes a difference?

It's possible.  Since the issue is highly reproducible, I would
suggest you pull the card and see if it makes any difference.  Same
goes for any other suspect hardware.

To be fair though (and I hope nobody from Realtek is listening), the
rtl8185 isn't the most reliable card around.  I have a couple I bought
a couple of years ago, and they only stopped panic'ing the kernel in
recent versions (at least for Ubuntu).

> Also, would more output from dmesg (or any other command) be helpful?

Yeah, if you could pastebin the full dmesg output, I can see if there
is anything else that jumps out at me.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller