Hi Heinrich,

Am Mittwoch, den 15.04.2009, 12:06 +0200 schrieb Heinrich Langos:
> Hi Lars,
>
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 05:49:14PM +0200, Lars Buerding wrote:
> > Hello Hendrik,

> > I bought this model a while ago:
> > { "Hauppauge Nova-TD Stick/Elgato Eye-TV Diversity",
> >
> > This is the "Nova-TD" equipped with one standard and one small RF Connector
> > (Adapter Small -> Standard is included). There is another model with two
> > small RF-Connectors,  I dont know anything about this one.
> >

> > positive:
> > - standard Hauppauge remote-control (until now, I did not find a better
> >   one for my VDR)
>
> Did you take a look at the Terratec remotes? They look quite good to me,too
> with color buttons and so on.. It looks a little cheaper than the
> HAuppauge's remote but hopefully that's just due to the choice of colors..
>
> Even the XXS seems to come with the full 48 buttons remote.
> http://www.terratec.net/en/products/pictures/produkt_bilder_en_9706.html
>
> > - 2 seperate tuners
> >

> > negative:
> > - I have massive problems receiving weak signals. If you dont live directly
> >   beneath the radio tower, just dont buy it. For me, this is the main reason
> >   why I just cant use it at home.
>
> I do live close to the radio tower but some receivers have problem with some
> channels when using a stick antenna. Thats why I switched to a cheapo do it
> yourself double quad. Here's the link to the instructions in German:
> http://www.cnet.de/praxis/wochenend/41001557/die+beste+eigenbau_dvb_t_antenne+doppelquad+fuer+5+euro+basteln.htm

I really like that kind of input.

Especially for the follow up version, with dedicated antennas for each
transponder frequency.

I do confirm, that it has the potential to replace two amplifiers, one
external and one on the card under bad reception conditions, not to talk
about the antenna itself and about what all that might cost else
installed by an expert on light-speed coming into your home ...

> And here's the google translation:
>
> http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.cnet.de/praxis/wochenend/41001557/die%2Bbeste%2Beigenbau_dvb_t_antenne%2Bdoppelquad%2Bfuer%2B5%2Beuro%2Bbasteln.htm&ei=mKLlScbqIMGPsAam-KWtCw&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.cnet.de/praxis/wochenend/41001557/die%252Bbeste%252Beigenbau_dvb_t_antenne%252Bdoppelquad%252Bfuer%252B5%252Beuro%252Bbasteln.htm%26hl%3Den%26client%3Diceweasel-a%26rls%3Dorg.debian:en-US:unofficial
>
> > - it does not work with my AMD-Board (SB700-Chipset), I have no problems
> >   using it on my Laptop (Intel-Chipset) and another AMD-Desktop
> > (Nvidia-Chipset).
> >   I have found several reports in Mailinglists mentioning the same problems.
>
> Thats wierd. So the usb controler on the Nova-TD and the host controler on
> the SB700 are incompatible?
>
> > I also have a "Hauppauge Nova-T USB-2" (dib3000, large metal case) and a
> > "Hauppauge WinTV Ministick" (Siano sms1xx-Chipset), the RF-Part of both
> > devices is a far better one compared to the Nova-TD.
>
> Is there a way to truely compare different receiver's quality? The
> information that femon and tzap report (SNR, BER, UNC) are only what the
> receiver itself says.

Not yet and hard to come by, also lots of different antennas and
amplification.

Cheers,
Hermann