Hi,

During the omap3camera development, we came across with the case of imaging
sensors which can produce test patterns instead of capturing images from the
CCD.

What we did in an attempt to keep an standard interface, is that we created a
CID named V4L2_CID_TEST_PATTERN of integer type, so 0 is "no test pattern", and
from 1 to any supported quantity, to select between supported pattern modes.

So, do you think this is good approach? Or is it something which supports
already this kind of setting? I think it is a pretty common feature in
capturing devices.

Regards,
Sergio