On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Niels Wagenaar <n.wagen...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Op Vr, 22 mei, 2009 19:48, schreef Manu Abraham:
>> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Niels Wagenaar <n.wagen...@xs4all.nl>
>> wrote:

>>> In short, the Hauppauge NOVA-HD-S2 is the one to buy. Yes, it's somewhat
>>> more expensive but it's the best DVB-S2 based PCI card concerning
>>> stability and usability with for example VDR.
>>

>> Unfortunately, the Nova HD-S2 won't support any DVB-S2 stream with
>> symbol rates > 30 MSPS, also it supports only DVB-S2 NBC mode
>> of operation, being based on an older generation demodulator.
>>

> Well, I was talking about my experience. And currently I haven't found any
> channels which have problems which I can receive (Hotbird 13.0, Astra
> 19.2, Astra 23.5 and Astra 28.2).
>
> But perhaps other sats may have problems with the items your described.

Some people have been asking on those items earlier on the lists. I don't
remember the exact transponders nor the sats, but you can easily find those
mails on the list itself. The DVB-S2 specification is very much a big
specification
indeed. There aren't many demodulators that do comply. And those 2nd
generation demodulators are on PCIe cards alone, rather than PCI cards.

The TT S2-1600 is the only  "PCI" card that i am aware of currently, which
complies to all of those later additions.