Em Tue, 9 Jun 2009 18:15:41 +0200
Hans Verkuil <hverk...@xs4all.nl> escreveu:

> Hi Mauro,
>
> Please pull from http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-subdev for the
> following:
>
> - v4l-dvb: replace the v4l2_i2c_new_*subdev* functions with
> v4l2_i2c_new_subdev()

No, please! Let's keep the previously agreed strategy of not changing KABI on
2.6.31, in order to help fixing bug fixes that may eventually be present on
2.6.30 due to the large amount of changes due to V4L2 dev/subdev and I2C.

We did a really large set of changes on 2.6.30, due to all those dev/subdev
stuff. By deprecating functions that will be added on 2.6.30 on the next
version (2.6.31), without even waiting for 2.6.30 regression list is not ok.

Please come again with this only at the end of 2.6.31 kernel cycle.

> - v4l-dvb: add the s_config call to the core ops
> - v4l2-device: fix incorrect kernel check
> - v4l-dvb: add v4l2_i2c_new_subdev_board call

If those are independent of the previous one, and are just adding new code, I'm
ok on merging they. Yet, on a quick look at the the diff, it seems that they
are changing the behavior of the existing functions [1]. Please double check
and be sure that the diff will reflect just the new code addition.

[1] http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-subdev/rev/ccc05f10e075

> - v4l2: rename V4L2_I2C_ADDRS to I2C_ADDRS

This one is OK, but I prefer to do this cleanup also later, to avoid needing to
do backports if regressions are found close to this code

Cheers,
Mauro