I am unable to reproduce the s5h1411 error here.

However my HVR-1950 loads the s5h1409 module - NOT s5h1411.ko; I wonder
if Hauppauge has changed chips on newer devices and so you're running a
different tuner module.  That would explain the different behavior.
Unfortunately it also means it will be very difficult for me to track
the problem down here since I don't have that device variant.

  -Mike

--

Mike Isely
isely @ isely (dot) net