On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:19:29 -0400
> Michael Krufky <mkru...@linuxtv.org> escreveu:
> > +static int cx23885_dvb_set_frontend(struct dvb_frontend *fe,
> > +                               struct dvb_frontend_parameters *param)

You could make this an HVR1275 specific function and then do away with the
first case statement.  With a name like cx23885_dvb_set_frontend() it
appears that all boards will use it, when it is only ever called with an
HVR1275.

> > +           switch (param->u.vsb.modulation) {
> > +           case VSB_8:
> > +                   cx23885_gpio_clear(dev, GPIO_5);
> > +                   break;
> > +           case QAM_64:
> > +           case QAM_256:
> > +           default:
> > +                   cx23885_gpio_set(dev, GPIO_5);
> > +                   break;

Using the modulation to switch inputs is of course a hack, needed because
the dvb api lacks a concept of multiple inputs.  I do not know if any still
exist, but there were cable systems which broadcast with both QAM and VS.