On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Valentin Longchamp wrote:

> The sensor chips both are mt9t031 so they have the same i2c address (I have
> looked at the datasheet, and I don't think this can be changed). So I cannot
> use them both at the same time.

Right, but I think, there are some i2c ICs, that allow for address
translations. Don't remember what they are called, some multiplexers or
some such.

> Now you talk about the .power() callback, I could use it so that the
> multiplexer is managed by it, using a similar mechanism as in mach-migor. If
> this could allow me one different /dev/video nod for each camera (that of
> course cannot be used at the same time), it would simplify a lot of things for
> my users. I will give it a try (hoping that this also works at driver
> registering ... we will see).

Don't think it would work, at least not with the current stack. With the
new stack video devices are registered at host-driver registration time,
after i2c devices are registered. It wouldn't work with the old stack
either.

Thanks
Guennadi
---