On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 3:51 PM, George Adams<g_adam...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you so much, everyone who has replied to my question!  It's nice to
> find a community of people willing to help.  Here is the dmesg output that
> appears when the Pinnacle device gets plugged in, along with a few "ls"
> commands:
<snip>

George,

It will definitely be interesting to see if the device works under
Windows.  It is very interesting that the tvp5150 driver isn't being
loaded at all, nor the xc3028 during analog initialization (and as a
result the DVB won't work because the analog initialization sets the
firmware to be used).

We've got the exact same USB device ids and last night I confirmed the
board is working fine here with the latest tree, suggesting no
regression in the driver code.

Did you happen to configure for only a subset of drivers to be
compiled?  Or did you just do a checkout and "cd v4l-dvb", "make",
"make install", reboot?

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs