Devin Heitmueller wrote:
Regarding the Terratec Cinergy T XS USB you sent me...  there are two
variants of the same device with the same USB ID.  One has the zl10353
and the other has the mt352.  I found one bug that was common to both,
one bug in the zl10353 version, and one bug in the mt352.  I issued a
PULL request for the zl10353 version last Tuesday.
as you know i have the xl10353 variant. and you got it to work on my machine.

now i know you don't want to hear this but the same code will not work on another machine. both are running 2.6.28-gentoo-r5, however i'm pretty sure the configurations are different. the working machine has an MSI KA780G MS-7551 [SB700 chipset] motherboard and the non-working machine has an ASUSTeK M3N78-EM [GeForce 8200 chipset] motherboard

in fact, i've seen reference on this list to the fact that there are problems with the SB700. that seems to be the opposite to me. i will check it out on an Atom based netbook and an old Intel Centrino laptop to see if the code works there.
i suspect it will - but need to confirm it.

i'm afriad it is two steps forward and one step backwards
--
simon