(moving to the new v4l2 mailing list, added int-device maintainer (?) to
CC)

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Jesko Schwarzer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we currently use an OMAP Zoom board and want to connect an FPGA board to the
> video interface.
> One idea is to simulate an SOC camera like the MT9V022 device, but we don't
> know exacly how it is managed to from driver view.
> We use a 2.6.28 kernel and managed to integrate v4l2 and the SOC devices;
> but we did not get an /dev/video device ...
> And then, how to get a virtual MT9V022 running ? How to select ?

I don't think there's support for soc-camera for OMAP SoCs, or have you
implemented that? AFAIK, OMAP are using int-device, currently also
transitioning to v4l2-subdev.

If it is correct, then your best bet would be to wait until both
soc-camera and int-device are converted to v4l2-subdev, then you'll be
able to use OMAP's camera host driver with the mt9v022 driver, originally
from soc-camera. Instead of passively waiting you can help with the work
too of course.

Thanks
Guennadi
---