Hi all,

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Devin
Heitmueller<dheitmuel...@kernellabs.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> A few weeks ago, I did some work on support for the Terratec Cinergy T
> XS USB product.  I successfully got the zl10353 version working and
> issued a PULL request last week
> (http://www.kernellabs.com/hg/~dheitmueller/em28xx-terratec-zl10353)

There will be an alternative driver entirely in userspace available
which works across all major kernelversions and distributions. It will
support the old em28xx devices and handle audio routing for the most
popular TV applications directly.

This system makes compiling the drivers unnecessary across all
available linux systems between 2.6.15 and ongoing. This package also
allows commercial drivers from vendors, the API itself is almost the
same as the video4linux/linuxdvb API. Installing a driver takes less
than five seconds without having to take care about the kernel API or
having to set up a development system. Aside of that it's operating
system independent (working on Linux, MacOSX and FreeBSD).
I think this is the way to go for the future since it adds more
possibilities to the drivers, and it eases up and speeds up driver
development dramatically.

Best Regards,
Markus