On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 5:14 AM, Karicheri,
Muralidharan<m-kariche...@ti.com> wrote:
> 2) Previewer & Resizer driver. I am working with Vaibhav who had worked on an
> RFC for this. The previewer and resizer devices are doing memory to memory
> operations. Also should be flexible to use these hardware with capture driver
> to do on the fly preview and resize. The TI hardware is parameter intensive.
> We believe these parameters are to be exported to user space through IOCTLs
> and would require addition of new IOCTLs and extension of control IDs. We
> will be working with you on this as well.

FWIW, for our SuperH Mobile devices we make use of UIO and user space
libraries to support for our on-chip multimedia blocks. These blocks
do scaling, rotation, color space conversion and hardware
encode/decode of various formats including h264 and mpeg4 in HD
resolution.

Apart from UIO we use V4L2 for the camera capture interface driver
sh_mobile_ceu_camera.c. It has support for on the fly color space
conversion and scaling/cropping. The CEU driver is making use of
videobuf-dma-contig.c and the USERPTR changes included in 2.6.31-rc
gives the driver zero copy frame capture support.

All of this is of course available upstream.

Cheers,

/ magnus