On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 6:12 PM, Devin
Heitmueller<dheitmuel...@kernellabs.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 2:07 AM, Mauro Carvalho
> Chehab<mche...@infradead.org> wrote:
>> In brief, while I want to fix the driver issues, I recommend to avoid
>> buying any devices with tm5600/tm6000/tm6010 (and DRX demod) chips. There are
>> other offers at the market with drivers that work properly, including some
>> nice HVR devices that are fully supported.
>
> The more I think about it, the more I think we should setup something
> along the lines of a "Wall of Shame" on the LinuxTV wiki, so that
> people will be better informed exactly which products they should not
> buy because of the chipset vendor's behavior.

I doubt that this will help, it will moreover scare them off and also
put a bad light on Linux we already have a list of supported devices
on linuxtv.org if people buy the wrong devices it's their fault in the
end.

Better support the available devices properly so that everyone can
easily use them... "everyone" is the highest burden at this time...

James