Andy Walls wrote:
> But I suspect no user pays for the extra cost of the CX2341[568]
> hardware MPEG encoder, if the user primarily wants uncompressed YUV
> video as their main format.

Actually, we're doing exactly that. We want a PCI card from a reputable
manufacturer which provides uncompressed YUV and ATSC (both OTA and
ClearQAM cable). As we already buy Hauppauge HVR-1110s for DVB-T and
uncompressed analogue, a Hauppauge card suits us, and the only thing
they have that fits the needs is the HVR-1600; the MPEG encoder is thus
left idle.
--
Simon Farnsworth