Morvan Le Meut a écrit :
semiRocket a écrit :
On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 10:31:46 +0200, Morvan Le Meut <mlem...@gmail.com> wrote:

Morvan Le Meut a écrit :
i can use the remote now ( using devinput in lirc ) but a few quirks remains : - dmesg gives a lot of "saa7134 IR (ADS Tech Instant TV: unknown key: key=0x7f raw=0x7f down=1" - in irw most keys are misidentified ( Power as RECORD, Mute as Menu, Down as DVD and DVD is correctly identified )

i guess using ir_codes_adstech_dvb_t_pci was not such a bright idea after all :p
( i included a full dmesg output )

For now, it is enough work on my part, i'll try to correct those keycodes later. It is amazing what you can do even when you don't understand most of it :D .
Working on it, but i don't think everything is correct : some totaly unrelated keys have the same keycode.
For example Jump and  Volume+ or Search and Volume-.

Beside, i keep getting "
Sep 9 10:17:16 debian kernel: [ 2029.892014] saa7134 IR (ADS Tech Instant TV: unknown key: key=0x7f raw=0x7f down=0 Sep 9 10:17:16 debian kernel: [ 2029.944029] saa7134 IR (ADS Tech Instant TV: unknown key: key=0x7f raw=0x7f down=1"
for each recognized keypress

I'll need a lot of help there : i don't know what to do.

I think that correct gpio mask in saa7134-input.c would give unique keycodes for every keypress. It's most likely that you need to invent new gpio mask, but I'm not sure about this: (http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Remote_controllers-V4L#How_to_add_remote_control_support_to_a_card_.28GPIO_remotes.29)

I'm sorry that I can't help you any further, it's getting far beyond my knowledge.

I'm leaving this to somebody else...

thanks, i'll try that.

i just hope that once i'm finished with this, someone will write the patch from that info. :)

wait, from that webpage, the gpio would be different for each key, independently from the mask, so my previous attempt with ir_debug=1 means that the gpio itself is read incorrectly .. :(