On Mon, 08 Aug 2016, Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mche...@s-opensource.com> wrote:
> The goal of Documentation/sphinx/parse-headers.pl script is to generate
> such parsed headers, with the cross-references modified by an exceptions
> file at Documentation/media/*.h.rst.exceptions.

Would you be so kind as to state in a few lines what you want to
achieve? I can guess based on the current solution, but I'd like to hear
it from you. Please leave out rants about tools and languages etc. so we
can focus on the problem statement, and try to figure out the best
overall solution.

Thanks,
Jani.