On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 08:01:35 +0200
Daniel Vetter <dan...@ffwll.ch> wrote:

> I'm also not too sure about whether dma-buf really should be it's own
> subdirectory. It's plucked from the device-drivers.tmpl, I think an
> overall device-drivers/ for all the misc subsystems and support code would
> be better. Then one toc there, which fans out to either kernel-doc and
> overview docs.

I'm quite convinced it shouldn't be.

If you get a chance, could you have a look at the "RFC: The beginning of
a proper driver-api book" series I posted yesterday (yes, I should have
copied more of you, sorry)?  It shows the direction I would like to go
with driver API documentation, and, assuming we go that way, I'd like the
dma-buf documentation to fit into that.

Thanks,

jon