Hi Markus,

Em Wed, 24 Aug 2016 13:46:48 +0200
Markus Heiser <markus.hei...@darmarit.de> escreveu:

> Am 24.08.2016 um 12:42 schrieb Mauro Carvalho Chehab
> <mche...@s-opensource.com>:
>
> > Markus,
> >
> > Em Thu, 18 Aug 2016 17:21:27 -0600
> > Jonathan Corbet <cor...@lwn.net> escreveu:

> >> It's now in docs-next.  I was able to build some nice-looking docs with it
> >> without too much (additional) pain...
> >
> > I'm noticing a very weird behavior when I'm building documentation on
> > my server. There, I'm using this command:
> >
> >     $ make cleandocs; make V=1 DOCBOOKS="" SPHINXDIRS=media
> > SPHINX_CONF="conf.py" htmldocs
>
> Hi Mauro,
>
> if you build a sub-folder, the conf.py is the default. You don't need
> to name conf.py it explicit and you can leave the DOCBOOKS env.
>
> $ make V=1 SPHINXDIRS=media cleandocs htmldocs
>
> or less verbose:
>
> $ make SPHINXDIRS=media cleandocs htmldocs

Yeah, I know. I added the SPHINX_CONF there because my end goal
is to use the nitpick config, after cleaning it up ;)

> But this does not answer your question ;)
>
> > This is what happens on my local machine:
> >     http://pastebin.com/VGqvDa7T
>
> Seems to build fine. But this is not "make V=1" log.
>
> > And this is the result of the same command on my server, accessed via ssh:
> >     http://pastebin.com/1MFi5LEG
>
> Same here, it is not a "make V=1" log. The errors like:
>
>  WARNING: inline latex u"L' = L ^{\\frac{1}{2.19921875}}": latex exited with
> error
>
> are dubious first. Which branch did you compile. It seems you are
> using "inline latex" ... this seems not in Jon's docs-next.
> I checked your experimental docs-next, there is a related
> markup, so I think you compiling this branch.
>
> .. math::
>
>    L' = L ^{\frac{1}{2.19921875}}
>
> So I guess the error message is related to one of the sphinx-extensions:
>
> # The name of the math extension changed on Sphinx 1.4
> if minor > 3:
>    extensions.append("sphinx.ext.imgmath")
> else:
>    extensions.append("sphinx.ext.pngmath")
>
> Since there is a log "Running Sphinx v1.4.6" (both, desktop and server) I
> guess it is related to the sphinx.ext.imgmath extension.
>
> I haven't tested math-extensions yet, I will give it a try
> and send you my experience later. In the meantime you can check
> your math-extensions on desktop and server ...
>
> In general I guess:
>
> 0.) you compiling different branches
>
> or
>
> 1.) on your desktop the math-extension miss some latex stuff
> and does not run, so you get no errors (or it runs perfect
> without any error).

Thanks! that was the case...

I had already those two extensions that are needed by math:
        texlive-amsmath-svn30645.2.14-24.fc24.1.noarch
        texlive-amsfonts-svn29208.3.04-24.fc24.1.noarch

But it was missing this one on the server:
        texlive-anyfontsize.noarch

> > Also, if I use the "-j33" sphinx option, it complains:
> >
> > WARNING: the kernel_include extension does not declare if it is safe for
> > parallel reading, assuming it isn't - please ask the extension author to
> > check and make it explicit
> > WARNING: doing serial read
>
> Yes I know, it is the same with the kernel_doc extension, I can send a patch
> for both.

That will be very much appreciated, thanks!

> > Btw, we need to add support to build just one PDF file, as we did with
> > the htmldocs.
>
> You mean, when you build a subfolder (SPHINXDIRS=media), you wanted
> to build a PDF with only media stuff in .. right?

Yes.

> .. thats what
> I suggested in one of my last mails .. I can sent a patch for this.

Please do that.

Thanks!
Mauro