Seems your installed ffmpeg libavcodec library
has no support for PAFF+spatial. Check if update
of such library can help.

Good starting point for PAFF understanging:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=927675

and mplayer with PAFF:
http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-130797.html

/Honza

PS: I'm not sure if this ML is correct target for your question
as it is main development ML for linux-media (v4l2+dvb)
subsystem inside kernel. Your question is rather application specific.