On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 07:37 -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em Sun, 27 Sep 2009 20:12:12 -0400
> Andy Walls <awa...@radix.net> escreveu:
>
> > Mauro,
> >
> > Please pull from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx23888-ir-part2
> >
> > for the following 5 changesets:
> >
> > 01/05: v4l2-subdev: Add v4l2_subdev_ir_ops and IR notify defines for
> > v4l2_device
> > http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx23888-ir-part2?cmd=changeset;node=8cbb951bbb9f
> >
> > 02/05: cx23885: Complete CX23888 IR subdev implementation for Rx & almost
> > for Tx
> > http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx23888-ir-part2?cmd=changeset;node=a2d8d3d88c6d
>
> Andy, there are some coding style issues here, not properly reported by the
> current checkpatch.pl version we had at the tree, nor by the newer version.
> I've opened a separate thread at LKML about that.
>
> For example, it didn't got any CodingStyle troubles on the formulas like:
>
> +       if (d > RXCLK_RCD+1)
> +                                CX23888_IR_REFCLK_FREQ/1000000);
> +       if (rem >= CX23888_IR_REFCLK_FREQ/1000000/2)
> +       clocks = CX23888_IR_REFCLK_FREQ/1000000 * (u64) ns; /* millicycles
> */
> +       return DIV_ROUND_CLOSEST((n+1) * 100, 16);
>
> As there are no related changes on Documentation/CodingStyle, changing or
> relaxing
> whitespacing rules, it is better to wait for the checkpatch.pl Maintainer
> (also
> called Andy ;) ) for him to check what's going wrong and hopefully provide a
> fix for the regression.
>
> I'm afraid that more relevant codingstyle checks like the usage of deprecated
> functions could eventually be broken. So, better to wait for his answer,
> before proceed with patch merging.

OK.  I'm going to use alot of this code "as is" in the cx25840 module,
it makes sense to get this version cleaned up first.

I do have a concern that this set of changes may need revision if the
cx23885 module or ir-common.h or ir-functions.c change significantly.
However you have positive control over those.

My other concern is kfifo being changed, requiring rework of my second
set of changes.  There were some patches on the LKML for fixing kfifo
with some positive discussions.  Last I checked, nothing had moved
forward on kfifo.

Regards,
Andy