Andy Walls wrote:
> Have your remote user read
>
> http://www.ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto:Improve_signal_quality
>
> and take any actions that seem appropriate/easy.

I'll try that again - they're grouching, because their TV is fine, and
the same card in a Windows PC is also fine. It's just under Linux that
they're seeing problems, so I may not be able to get them to co-operate.

> The in kernel mxl5005s driver is known to have about 3 dB worse
> performance for QAM vs 8-VSB (Steven Toth took some measurements once).

Am I misunderstanding dmesg here? I see references to a Samsung S5H1409,
not to an mxl5005s; if I've read the driver code correctly, I'd see a
KERN_INFO printk for the mxl5005s when it comes up.
--
Simon Farnsworth