Em Mon, 12 Dec 2016 18:37:01 +0200
Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinch...@ideasonboard.com> escreveu:

> Hello,
>
> On Monday 12 Dec 2016 13:22:50 Javier Martinez Canillas wrote:

> > > I applied today patches 1 to 3, as I don't see any risk of regressions
> > > there. Stable was c/c on patch 3.
> > >
> > > I want to do more tests on patches 4-6, with both progressive video and
> > > RF. It would also be nice if someone could test it on OMAP3, to be sure
> > > that no regressions happened there.
> >
> > I've tested patches 4-6 on a IGEPv2 and video capture is still working for
> > both composite input AIP1A (after changing the hardcoded selected input)
> > and AIP1B.
> >
> > The patches also look good to me, so please feel free to add my Reviewed-by
> > and Tested-by tags on these.
> >
> > I wasn't able to test S-Video since my S-Video source broke (an old DVD
> > player) but this never worked for me anyways with this board.
>
> I've tested the patches too, in composite mode only as my hardware has a
> single input. The image quality isn't very good, but I believe that's due to
> my source. It shouldn't be related to this patch series at least.

Yesterday, I was able to make my device that generates 480p to work again,
and bought a RF modulator.

I used HVR-350 and Hauppauge MediaMVP as image sources producing NTSC output,
and Kernel 4.9 + media patches for 4.10 + tvp5150 v2 patch series.

With that, I completed the tests on HVR-950. My tests covered:
- S-Video, Composite, TV
- 480i and 480p
- Closed Captions (with HVR-350 - it seems that MediaMVP doesn't
  produce NTSC CC).

PS.: I did some tests with PAL output too, with HVR-350.

> I tried both BT.656 and parallel bus modes. The latter didn't work properly,
> but it wasn't supported when I worked on TVP5151 + OMAP3 support in the first
> place anyway, so it's not a regression, just something to eventually fix (if
> have too much free time).

With that, it seems that BT.656 is working fine. So, I'm merging the
patches and will send them on the next pull request.

Thanks,
Mauro