Hi,

> On 12/30/2016 11:06 AM, Marek Vasut wrote:
>>
>> On 12/29/2016 09:51 PM, Robert Schwebel wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jean-Michel,
>>
>> Hi,

>>> Philipp's patches have been reworked with the review feedback from the
>>> last round and a new version will be posted when he is back from
>>> holidays.
>>
>> IMO Philipp's patches are better integrated and well structured, so I'd
>> rather like to see his work in at some point.
>

> Granted I am biased, but I will state my case. "Better integrated" - my
> patches
> are also well integrated with the media core infrastructure. Philipp's
> patches
> in fact require modification to media core, whereas mine require none.
> Some changes are needed of course (more subdev type definitions for
> one).
>
> As for "well structured", I don't really understand what is meant by that,
> but my driver is also well structured.
>
> Philipp's driver only supports unconverted image capture from the SMFC. In
> addition
> to that, mine allows for all the hardware links supported by the IPU,
> including routing
> frames from the CSI directly to the Image converter for scaling up to
> 4096x4096,
> colorspace conversion, rotation, and motion compensated de-interlace. Yes
> all these
> conversion can be carried out post-capture via a mem2mem device, but
> conversion
> directly from CSI capture has advantages, including minimized CPU
> utilization and
> lower AXI bus traffic. In any case, Freescale added these hardware paths,
> and my
> driver supports them.

I had a deeper look to both drivers, and I must say the features of
Steve's one are really interesting.
I don't think any of those has been tested with digital inputs (I have
ADV76xx chips on my board, which I hope will be available one day for
those interested) and so, I can test and help adding some of the
missing parts.
And for at least a week or two, I have all of my time for it, so it
would be of great help to know which one has the bigger chance to be
integrated... :)

Thanks again,
JM