On 03/07/2017 12:44 PM, Jose Abreu wrote:
Hi Hans,

I'm writing to you in order to get more details about current CEC
implementation status. I've seen the code and it appears you have
already support for CEC 2.0, right? I've also seen the
implementation in adv7511 of CEC and I've extracted the following
sequence:

    1) Call cec_allocate_adapter with given flags and given
cec_adap_ops (enable, log_addr, transmit, ...)

    2) Call cec_register_adapter when all datapath is configured

    3) Call cec_received_msg when a msg is received

Is there anything missing? Can you please confirm that these are
the essential points in order to implement CEC?

And you need to implement a few callbacks:

adap_enable, adap_log_addr and adap_transmit at minimum.

See also:

https://hverkuil.home.xs4all.nl/spec/kapi/cec-core.html

Starting with 4.10 the CEC framework is now mainlined.

The main missing piece is this:

https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-samsung-soc/msg58035.html

I need to make a v5 of this patch series. Whether you need this or
not depends on your HW architecture.

And about userspace: It should implement the logic of formating
and the following the messages to cec core, right? Does cec-ctl
utility and cec-funcs.h already handles CEC 2.0?

Yes. In fact, by default cec-ctl will configure a CEC adapter as a
2.0 CEC device.

Also see cec-compliance to do CEC protocol compliance testing and
cec-follower, which will emulate a CEC device as a follower.

The code in cec-follower is dual licensed as GPLv2 and BSD, so you
can use code from that when you write your own follower. The cec
public headers (including cec-funcs.h) are all dual licensed.