On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 07:41:24PM +0200, Sebastian wrote:
> Sorry for the long delay, Johan.

> > [ +CC: media list ]
> >
> > On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 08:25:42PM +0200, Sebastian wrote:
> >
> > What is the lsusb -v output for your device? And have you successfully
> > used this device with this driver before?
> >

> No, the device wasn't successfully used before that- it crashed every time,
> so I threw away the usb receiver. This is also the reason why I cannot give
> you the lsusb output. But I can give you the VID:PID -> 03ee:2501 if that
> is of any help?

Ok, so it's not necessarily a (recent) regression at least. I can't seem
to find anyone else posting lsusb -v output for that device
unfortunately.

> > Can you reproduce this with a more recent mainline kernel (e.g.
> > 4.11.3)?
>
> Unfortunately no :(
>

> > This looks like something which could happen if the device is lacking an
> > OUT endpoint, and a sanity check to catch that recently went in (and was
> > backported to the non-EOL stable trees).
>
> I could buy the same device again and try?

If you're willing to that, that'd very helpful; either to verify that
the crash is already fixed (as mentioned above), or to allow us to track
down the separate issue.

Thanks,
Johan