Hi,

On 11/16/2009 07:58 AM, Németh Márton wrote:
Hi,
Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for working on this! I think it would be great if we could
get support for camera buttons in general into gspca.

I've not looked closely at your code yet, have you looked at
the camera button code in the gspca sn9c20x.c driver? Also I would really

As you proposed I had a look on sn9c20x. It seems that sn9c20x uses register
read
via USB control message. The pac7302 uses interrupt endpoint. So it looks like
quite different to me. Currently I see the common point in the connection
to input subsystem only.

Ah you are right, oops, most camera's use an interrupt end point so I assumed
sn9c20x would be the same, my bad.

like to see as much of the button handling code as possible go into
the gspca core. AFAIK many many camera's use an usb interrupt ep for this, so
I would like to see the setting up and cleanup of this interrupt ep be in
the core (as said before see the sn9c20x driver for another driver which
does such things).

Unfortunately I do not know how the USB descriptors of other webcams look like.
I have access to two webcams which are handled by gspca:

No problem, just put all the input code in pac7302.c for now, we will abstract
it
later when we add support for the button on other camera's too.

<snip>

Comparing these two endpoints shows the common and different points:
Common: interface class, endpoint direction, endpoint type.
Different: interface number, sub class, protocol, endpoint address, max
            packet size, interval.

Maybe the second example is not a good one because I don't know whether
the interrupt endpoint is used for buttons or not.

Do you have access to webcams equipped with button? Could you please
send the device descriptor (lsusb -v) about these devices in order
the common points can be identified for interrupt endpoints?

As the author/maintainer of quite a few drivers and libv4l author I have
build up quite a test camera collection, I'll send you the lsusb -v output
of a few in a private mail. But as said before, for now I think you can just put
the input code inside pac7302.c, then later on we can try to abstract it.