Karicheri, Muralidharan escreveu:
> Mauro,
>
> Thanks to your help, I could finish my documentation today.
>
> But I have another issue with the v4l2-apps.
>
> When I do make apps, it doesn't seem to build. I get the following error
> logs... Is this broken?

Well... no, it is not really broken, but the build system for v4l2-apps
needs serious improvements. There are some know issues on it:
        - It doesn't check/warn if you don't have all the dependencies
          (qv4l2 and v4l2-sysfs-path require some development libraries
           that aren't available per default when gcc is installed - I
           think the other files there are ok);
        - make only works fine when calling on certain directories (it used to
work
          fine if you call it from /v4l2-apps/*) - but, since some patch, it
now requires
          that you call make from /v4l2-apps, in order to create
v4l2-apps/include.
          After having it created, make can be called from a /v4l2-apps subdir;
        - for some places (libv4l - maybe there are other places?), you need to
          have the latest headers installed, as it doesn't use the one at the
tree.
        - qv4l2 only compiles with qt3.

Patches are welcome to fix those issues and improve the v4l2-apps building
system.

> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/local/mkaricheri/davinci_git/video_timing/new_v4l2-dvb/v4l-dvb-aba823ecaea6/v4l2-apps/libv4l'
> make -C libv4lconvert V4L2_LIB_VERSION=0.6.2-test all
> make[4]: Entering directory
> `/local/mkaricheri/davinci_git/video_timing/new_v4l2-dvb/v4l-dvb-aba823ecaea6/v4l2-apps/libv4l/libv4lconvert'
> cc -Wp,-MMD,"libv4lconvert.d",-MQ,"libv4lconvert.o",-MP -c -I../include
> -I../../../include -fvisibility=hidden -fPIC -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/local/lib\"
> -DLIBSUBDIR=\"libv4l\" -g -O1 -Wall -Wno-unused -Wpointer-arith
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -o libv4lconvert.o libv4lconvert.c
> In file included from libv4lconvert.c:25:
> ../include/libv4lconvert.h:100: warning: "struct v4l2_frmsizeenum" declared
> inside parameter list
> ../include/libv4lconvert.h:100: warning: its scope is only this definition or
> declaration, which is probably not what you want
> ../include/libv4lconvert.h:105: warning: "struct v4l2_frmivalenum" declared
> inside parameter list

In this specific case, it is trying to compile against
/usr/include/linux/videodev2.h, instead of using
the in-tree header file.

Cheers,
Mauro.