Thanks for writing Vince,

On 24/09/17 19:04, Vincent McIntyre wrote:
On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 10:48:34PM +1000, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
On 18/09/17 14:26, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
I have just upgraded to f24. I am now using the standard dvb_usb_rtl28xxu fe

I have upgraded to f26 and this driver still fails to tune the "Leadtek Winfast
DTV2000 DS PLUS TV".

which logs messages suggesting all is well (I get the /dev/dvb/adapter? etc.)
but I get no channels tuned when I run mythfrontend or scandvb.

Is anyone using this combination?
Is this the correct way to use this tuner?

Is this the wrong list? If so then please suggest a more suitable one.

It's the right list. The problem is nobody seems to care.

This is really sad.
Seeing so many patches on this list, I hoped there is another list more suitable
for issues that users encounter.

I have one of these too, I was able to get it tune at one time
but there were some problems that I never ended up running down.

I was planning to dig it out and have a play with it again.

Thanks, this may help. I also hoped to get a response from people who have this
card
working on f26. Maybe it will work for you (fingers crossed).

Just to confirm - you're building the media_build git tree on f26
and those drivers are the ones that are not working, yes?

No, but I did try this before (on f24).

However I did build the media_build git tree two days ago (on f26) but did not
install it yet. Just to confirm, when testing on f24, after an install I find
duplicated drivers:

/lib/modules/4.11.12-100.fc24.x86_64/kernel/drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb-v2/dvb-usb-rtl28xxu.ko.xz
/lib/modules/4.11.12-100.fc24.x86_64/kernel/drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb-v2/dvb-usb-rtl28xxu.ko

The second one is from my build. I assume it has precedence over the original?

If not, you need to try that to get any help here.

Sure, I am comfortable building from git/source.

Have a look at https://git.linuxtv.org/media_build.git/about/
and let me know if you need further help with that.

No worries. What I did before was simple:

        git clone git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git
        cd media_build
        make distclean
        ./build
        make install

It may be possible to get the driver into debug mode and get more
information logged. I'm not sure this will work but give it a go.

First set up the dynamic debug filesystem (may already be there)
# cat >> /etc/fstab
debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs defaults 0 0
^D
# mount -av

Turn on debug printing for the modules of interest
# echo 'module rtl2832 +p' > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
# echo 'module dvb_usb_rtl28xxu +p' > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

This evening there are a few recordings scheduled that I do not want to risk (I
am now
using a few USB tuners I had laying around) but I will try this in the morning
and
report the results to the list.

Vince

cheers