On 10/12/17 10:03, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:

> Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki.
> Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki
>
> On 12/10/17 09:50, Hans Verkuil wrote:
>
>>> I can't test with a TV, so no CEC for me... But otherwise I think the
>>> series works ok now, and looks ok. So I'll apply, but it's a bit late
>>> for the next merge window, so I'll aim for 4.15 with this.
>>
>> What is the status? Do you need anything from me? I'd like to get this in
>> for 4.15.
>
> Thanks for reminding. I think I would've forgotten...
>
> I sent the pull request, so all should be fine.
>
> If possible, please test the pull request, preferably with drm-next
> merged (git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux drm-next), as I
> don't have a CEC capable display.

I'll try to do that tomorrow or Monday.

I have one other question for you: does keeping ls_oe_gpio high all the
time affect this old bug fix:

https://github.com/myfluxi/xxICSKernel/commit/21189f03d3ec3a74d9949907c828410d7a9a86d5

I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure. As far as I can see the PHY power
sequence (OFF, TXON, LDOON) does not change and that seems to be the
crucial fix according to the commit above.

I would hate being responsible for lots of burnt-out pandaboards :-)

There is an alternative solution: when there is no HPD then it is also
possible to pull the ls_oe_gpio high only when transmitting a CEC message.

That would obviously require some code changes.

Sorry for raising this issue so late, but this just came up today in
internal discussions.