Hi all,

We are organizing a media mini-summit on Friday October 27 in Prague, co-located
with the ELCE conference:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference-europe

If you plan to attend, please let me know. It is open for all, but it is
nice if we know beforehand who we can expect.

You can register here:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-source-summit-europe/extend-the-experience/co-located-events

Name of the room in the Hilton Prague: Athens

Currently known attendees:

Sakari Ailus <sakari.ai...@iki.fi>
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mche...@s-opensource.com>
Alexandre Courbot <acour...@chromium.org>
Michael Ira Krufky <mkru...@linuxtv.org>
Gustavo Padovan <gust...@padovan.org>
Benoit Parrot <bpar...@ti.com>
Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinch...@ideasonboard.com>
Ricardo Ribalda Delgado <ricardo.riba...@gmail.com>
Hans Verkuil <hverk...@xs4all.nl>

Agenda
======

General remarks: the given start/end times for the various topics are
approximate since it is always hard to predict how long a discussion will take.
The Request/Jobs API topic is placed last since I expect that that will take
most of our time.

Let me know asap if there are problems with this schedule, or if new topics
are requested.

8:00-9:00: Continental Breakfast served in the room

9:00-9:15: Introduction (Hans)

9:15-9:30: Status of the HDMI CEC kernel support (Hans)
           Give a quick overview of the status: what has been merged, what is
still
           pending, what is under development.

9:30-10:00: V4L2 Explicit Synchronization (Gustavo)
            Quick overview and discussion of the API/direction we are going
            with fences.

10:00-10:30 Media development process: what works, what doesn't (Hans)
            In the past 6 months or so we tried to improve the media development
            process. This is an overview of what we did and why we did it, what
            works and what doesn't. Feedback is very much appreciated. It is
even
            more appreciated if people/companies would be willing to assign
            new developers to help improve the media subsystem!

10:30-11:00: Morning Break served in the room

11:00-12:00: Media kAPI and uAPI documentation (Mauro)
             Give the current status of media API documentation and identify
possible
             gaps and how to improve it.

12:00-13:30: Lunch

13:30-??:??: Request/jobs API (Alexandre)
             Overview of the work based on the request API (proposed new name:
jobs API),
             to hopefully converge to something that can be merged soon.

15:00-15:30: Afternoon Break served in the room

17:00-17:30 (or earlier if we're lucky): Wrap up (Hans)
             Create action items (and who will take care of them) if needed.
             Summarize and conclude the day.

v2: updated room, attendee list, moved the last slot 30 minutes later