Hi Tomasz,

On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 03:18:38PM +0900, Tomasz Figa wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 5:47 AM Sakari Ailus <sakari.ai...@linux.intel.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Jacopo,

> subdevices
> something?

> time, then
> a way
> > >
> > > Ok, so I assume my comment could be ignored, assuming is fine not
> > > being able to set control if the sensor is not streaming. Is it?
>
> > I'd say so. From the user's point of view, the sensor doesn't really do
> > anything when it's in software standby mode.
>
> Just to make sure we're on the same page, the code actually does nothing
> when the sensor is not in streaming mode (i.e. powered off). When stream is
> being started, the V4L2 control framework will call s_ctrl for all the
> controls in the handler to synchronize hardware state and this is when all
> the controls set before powering on will actually be programmed into the
> hardware registers.

Thanks, I had missed that part.

I quickly tried searching for 's_ctrl' calls in the v4l2-core/ code
and I've found nothing that invokes that in response to a streaming
start operation. Just if you happen to have any reference handy, could
you please point me to that part, just for my better understanding?

Thanks