Hi,

Gopala Gottumukkala wrote:
(gcc version 3.4.3 (MontaVista 3.4.3-25.0.104.0600975 2006-07-06)) #4
PREEMPT Tue Dec 15 18:10:24 EST 2009
CPU: ARM926EJ-S [41069265] revision 5 (ARMv5TEJ), cr=00053177
CPU: VIVT data cache, VIVT instruction cache
Machine: DaVinci DM644x EVM
Memory policy: ECC disabled, Data cache writeback
DaVinci dm6446 variant 0x0
Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on.  Total pages:
50800

I have compile the kernel 2.6.32 and boot up the target.  But when I
plug in the mass storage like external HDD or Pendrive it is not
recognizing.

Do you compile the usb support? Do you have in your config?

Michael

Any help appreciated.

- GG

-----Original Message-----
From: Philby John [mailto:pj...@in.mvista.com] Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:22 AM
To: Gopala Gottumukkala
Cc: davinci-linux-open-sou...@linux.davincidsp.com;
linux-media@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: USB MAssage Storage drivers

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 18:46 -0500, Gopala Gottumukkala wrote:
My target is not recognizing the USB massage storage. I am working the
2.6.32 Davinci kernel

Any suggestion and ideas.

ahah, this information isn't enough. Your Vendor/Product ID for this
device is compared in a lookup a table. If no match is found, your
device probably won't be detected as mass storage. You could check in
the unusual_devs.h to see if your device is included there, if your
device is relatively new you could submit a Vendor/Product ID to the USB
dev list for inclusion.

Regards,
Philby