Hi all,

Using some usb replay tools used for making the pvrusb2 work, I am
able to receive a working MPEG-TS stream, after snooping communication
in Windows. It's an ugly way to make things work, but now I'm able to
watch television in VLC. It's limited to 758MHz @ 8000KHz, thought,
because I only ran an usbsnoop for that specific frequency.

So right now I'm able to write the TS stream into a pipe / stdout /
file, but creating a (fixed frequency) driver for v4l is way too
complicated for me, at the moment. I don't really understand how the
v4l dvb drivers work, probably because I'm not really experienced in
doing so ;-) Currently, I'm trying to understand how frequency
selection works with this chip, and I'll be making a standalone
application to save the TS stream. Then, maybe someone else can write
a proper v4l driver for this chip.

Regards,
Bert