On 11/14/2018 05:58 AM, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 07:04:01PM +0800, Bing Bu Cao wrote:
>>
>> On 11/13/2018 06:31 PM, Sakari Ailus wrote:
>>> Hi Bing Bu,

>>> How do you configure the scaling of the viewfinder currently?
>> We consider that the viewfinder as a secondary output, and set the format by
>> subdev set_fmt() directly and all pads formats will be used to find
>> binary and
>> build pipeline.
> Ok.
>
> Could you instead use the compose target to configure the scaling? Setting
> the format on the source pad would have no effect.
Hi, Sakari,

For the secondary output (viewfinder), it support both cropping and
scaling, in order
to keep the aspect ratio, system will do [crop --> compose], sounds like
it should
have 2 selection targets, but firmware/driver did not provide clear
interfaces to allow
user to configure the cropping, driver calculate the scaler and cropping
parameters
based on the output-system input and output resolution to keep aspect ratio
and field of view. I think it is more succinct to set the actual output
by set format
instead of using selection targets.