Markus Rechberger a écrit :
On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 11:55 PM, HoP <jpetr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Jonas

Does anyone know if there's any progress on USB CI adapter support?
Last posts I can find are from 2008 (Terratec Cinergy CI USB &
Hauppauge WinTV-CI).

That attempt seems to have stranded with Luc Brosens (who gave it a
shot back then) asking for help.

The chip manufacturer introduced a usb stick as well;
http://www.smardtv.com/index.php?page=products_listing&rubrique=pctv&section=usbcam
but besides the scary Vista logo on that page, it looks like they
target broadcast companies only and not end users.

You are right. Seems DVB CI stick is not targeted to end consumers.

Anyway, it looks interesting, even it requires additional DVB tuner
"somewhere in the pc" what means duplicated traffic (to the CI stick
for descrambling and back for mpeg a/v decoding).

It would be nice to see such stuff working in linux, but because of
market targeting i don' t expect that.

BTW, Hauppauge's WinTV-CI looked much more promissing.
At least when I started reading whole thread about it here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-...@linuxtv.org/msg28113.html

Unfortunatelly, last Steve's note about not getting anything
(even any answer) has disappointed me fully. And because
google is quiet about any progress on it I pressume
no any docu nor driver was released later on.

The question is more or less how many people are interested in USB CI
support for Linux.
We basically have everything to provide a USB CI solution for linux now.

Markus

Well I dont know for others but it really looks interesting as you can have multiple cards with only one CI, meaning only one CAM and only one subscription card which is economically interesting. Also some card (at least for DVB-S) are really good but targeted towards free channels, and in France for example, alot of good channels are not.
If the price is right (tm) I am sure a lot of people would be interested.
Bye
Manu