On Sun, 2010-01-10 at 09:35 -0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Andy Walls wrote:
> > Mauro,
> >
> > If no one has any objections, please pull from
> >
> >  http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/v4l-dvb-misc
> >
> > for the following 12 changesets.
> >
> > Of note:
> > 02-04 are from Jean Delvare and fix up the cx23885 i2c routines
> > 05-17 and 12 add and use a new v4l2_subdev core op for configuring I/O pin
> > muxes
> > 08-10 are some minor cx23885 ir fixes noted when trying to get the TeVii
> > S470 working
> >
> > 10/12: cx23885: Convert from struct card_ir to struct cx23885_ir_input for
> > IR Rx
> > http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/v4l-dvb-misc?cmd=changeset;node=aa62944baa92
>
> Hmm... This doesn't sound right:
>
> +struct cx23885_ir_input {
> +       struct input_dev        *dev;
> +       struct ir_input_state   ir;
> +       char                    name[48];
> +       char                    phys[48];
> +
> +       /* Cooked code processing */
> +       int                     start;       /* Allowed start symbols */
> +       u32                     addr;        /* Expected remote address */
> +       u32                     last_code;   /* last good cooked code seen */
> +       int                     key_timeout; /* ms until we force a key up */
> +       struct timer_list       timer_keyup; /* timer for key release */
> +
> +       /* Raw code collection and construction */
> +       int active;     /* building code */
> +       int last_bit;   /* last bit seen */
> +       u32 code;       /* code under construction */
> +};
>
> Why are you creating a name[] and phys[] chars here? It should be using the
> names already
> defined at struct input_dev.

Well two reasons:

1. That's what the previous, common "card ir" struct did.  (Not a good
reason of course.)  When I needed to reimplement specific fields (in
anticipation of NEC decoding for the TeVii S470) I just carried them
over.

2. The strings in the old card ir struct were too short: the card names
in cx23885-cards.c are pretty long and would get truncated.

I'll reexamine if the strings in input_dev are long enough to do the
job, and get back to you.

Regards,
Andy