On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Michael Qiu <fallw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for you advise.
>
> Before I read the source code you mentioned, I guess I should write a
> driver modules which provide /dev/dvb/adapter/audio, video, frontend,
> ca....,  and also provide a /dev/fbx for OSD layer. But in source
> level, all display HW relative functions would probably in a same
> module, because they are operation on same block of H/W.
> But I still don't know where to put my global display control
> interface, for instance, the function to control which layer open and
> close, the alpha values used for each layer...
>
> And I investigated DirectFB, it seems if I provide a /dev/fb0 device
> the DirectFB can play around it and it will the base for upper GUI
> system.
> I also found DirectFB support V4L as it's surface source. So it will
> need some kernel module to control layer blending. It seems the thing
> I am looking for which implement the global display control.

With regards to the 7109 framebuffer. There is a DirectFB driver for
it in the STLinux distribution. (If you use the SOC as a STB) DirectFB
acts as a whole application/framework on the STB.

http://www.stlinux.com/download/updates.php?r=2.3;u=stlinux23-target-directfb14-multi-1.4.3.STM2009.12.11-2.src.rpm

Regards,
Manu