Answering my own question, and also a question in the t613 source
code...

Yes, the need for the "reg_w(gspca_dev, 0x2087);", 0x2088 and 0x2089
commands are definitely tied to the white balance. These three set up
the default values I found out. And (X << 8 + 87) sets up the red
channel parameter in general, and 88 is for green and 89 for blue.

That means I can already just play with them and see what happens. My
personal problem is that I bought this new lens, and the image is way
too bright, and changing that seems to help. But I would like to offer
these as parameters the user can set using v4l2 programs. I can try
making that big change myself, but help from a more experienced
developer would be certainly much appreciated!...

   ++nicolau

--
Nicolau Werneck <nwern...@gmail.com>          1AAB 4050 1999 BDFF 4862
http://www.lti.pcs.usp.br/~nwerneck           4A33 D2B5 648B 4789 0327