I have POWER_KEY scancodes, that work as RAW data with ir-ctl -s [file], but are not working with ir-ctl -S:

    0x20df10ef (POWER_KEY for my LG tv)
    0x02FD48B7 (POWER_KEY for my Toshiba tv)

rc6_mce:0x800f0410 works, as does nec32:0x800f0410 (though not nec:0x800f0410), so it doesn't seem to be an issue with 32-bit codes.

I use AnalysIR, and it indicates the protocol is NEC for the above codes, though irdb.tk indicates the protocol is NEC1.

1) is there a description of the various protocols? (how can I know if I should use nec or nec32, with a 32 bit value?)

2) are my scancodes failing to work, because they are (possibly) NEC1 protocol?

3) if NEC1 is not the same as nec or nec32, is it scheduled to be added to ir-ctl in the near future?

JohnG