Hi Ezequiel,

After going through trouble and half with trying to get the following correspondence through linux-media (...):

Who' calling this ^ ?

Oops. Should it be video_device_release (not tw686x_video_device_release) and then should keep the line vdev->release = video_device_release? If that fixes the code and potential race condition, then our correspondence with Hans can move forward the possible patch?

The compiler complained about incompatible pointer assignment when I used vdev->release = tw686x_video_device_release in a notification email I was sent.

vger.kernel.org keeps flagging my messages as viruses and rejecting them. Apologies if there are any ensuing duplicates on your end, just want to make sure my messages are sent to you.

Further, I didn't have a clear concept of spin_lock_init when I asked whether it was intended or not. Apologies. Rectified.

Thanks,
Mark