On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 8:53 AM Fabio Estevam <feste...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 12:49 PM Tim Harvey <thar...@gateworks.com> wrote:
>
> > Fabio,
> >
> > I assume your seeing the same rolling video issue on capture unless
> > you discard the first few 'corrupt' frames? I'm still wondering how we
> > can address this properly upstream.
>
> On i.MX53 I still get the rolling video even if I discard the few
> corrupt frames.
>
> I tested the same i.MX53 hardware with a vendor 2.6.35 kernel and it
> captures correctly, no scrolling at all.

Right, I understand there is something else going on with the i.MX53
but what about the i.MX6 testing related to these patches?

Regarding the i.MX53 as you have a kernel that does work you could
start looking for i2c register differences and csi config differences
between the two kernels. I discovered an issue with the adv7280 by
comparing i2c register dumps.

Tim