All,

Texas Instruments (TI) is working on the design for the V4L2 capture and
display drivers for our next generation system-on-chip (SoC) processor and
would like to solicit your feedback.  Our new SoCs have been improved to allow
for higher video resolutions and greater frame rates.  To this end the display
hardware has been moved to a separate processing block called the video
processing subsystem (VPSS).  The VPSS will be running a firmware image that
controls the capture/display hardware and services requests from one or more
host processors.

Moving to a remote processor for the processing of video input and output data
requires that commands to control the hardware be passed to this processing
block using some form of inter-processor communication (IPC).  TI would like to
solicit your feedback on proposal for the V4L2 driver design to get a feel for
whether or not this design would be accepted into the Linux kernel.  To this
end we have put together an overview of the design and usage on our wiki at
http://wiki.davincidsp.com/index.php/Video_Processing_Subsystem_Driver_Design.
We would greatly appreciate feedback from community members on the
acceptability of our driver design.

If you have additional questions or need more information please feel free to
contact us (we have setup a mailing list at vpss_driver_des...@list.ti.com) so
we can answer them.

Sincerely,
Chase Maupin