Hi,

I tried something simple with three kernel versions:

2.6.30, 2.6.31, and 2.6.32.7.

But I can't reproduce the problem that way.

Just after booting I run alternatively

/opt/dvb-apps/bin/szap -a 0 -r "CCTV 4"
/opt/dvb-apps/bin/azap -a 1 -r "57.1"

and then I run them concurrently

and finally I disconnect the USB tuner and replug and retry the 'azap'

I did not get any crash yet.

So there is likely some other "environmental" condition that is relevant.

I will continue using 2.6.32.7.  Whenever I meet the problem I will
take note of the environment and try to reproduce the same environment with
other versions of the kernel.

Thanks

The only "major reorganization" in that time period I can think of is
a couple of the files related to IR support were moved.

Further, the problem appears to be in the implementation of
request_firmware() and doesn't look specific to any changes in the
v4l-dvb tree.

All I can suggest at this point is you try to narrow down what release
the breakage was introduced in, at which point we can take a look at
what changed.

Devin