--- On Thu, 2/18/10, Chicken Shack <chicken.sh...@gmx.de> wrote:

> From: Chicken Shack <chicken.sh...@gmx.de>
> Subject: Re: alevt-dvb 1.7.0: new version, should be free from bugs now
> To: "Emil Meier" <emil27...@yahoo.com>
> Cc: "Linux media" <linux-media@vger.kernel.org>, g...@kroah.com,
> francescola...@interfree.it
> Date: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 3:57 AM
> Am Mittwoch, den 17.02.2010, 15:50
> -0800 schrieb Emil Meier:
> >

> > Or you can tune back to the original transponder or a
> transponder with the same provider, then alevt works again.
> > So there is may be a check for the provider name.
>
> Not exactly. As long as there is no necessity to reread the
> PAT (Program
> association table) everything is working fine. At the
> current state the
> mechanism (or system call) to restart or reset the reading
> and parsing
> process of PAT, SDT, PMT is missing. And that exactly poses
> the problems
> as soon as you change the transponder......
> As long as you do not change the transponder, PAT, SDT and
> PMT stay the
> same.
> Transponder is not equal to provider........
> google is your friend or have a look at etsi.org.......

Yes, but I have tested a Transponder change, where the Provider name of the new
transponder is the same as before, then alevt changes to a new channel (may be
the first one) and continues to work again.
As I have edited my kaffeine channels.dvb on my own, I am very sure, that I
have changed the transponder...

Is your version 1.7.0 connected to the version 1.7.0 which Uwe Bulga sent to me?
I will test your new version this evening.

As I am using alevt since I think over 10 years, I hope that I can use this
application again with vanilla kernels without reverse-patching!!!
At the moment I am using 2.6.32.7 with a reverse patch Uwe sent to me...
This works fine as before...
Maybe 2.6.32.8 can correct the dvb-demux driver.

> The required monitoring demon MUST work independently from
> the external
> player application doing the tuning.
>
> My current script switches off and restarts alevt at every
> channel
> change, including waitstates so that the player application
> and alevt do
> not interfere when accessing the demux device (->timing
> issue)....
> But that's just a very dirty workaround.....

I will have a look into alevt, why the update and eventhandling stops after
changing transponder/provider...
May be I can find something.

Thanks
Emil