Hi Leandro

There are no crash oops available, as this is a memory corruption that occurs.
The effects differ strongly each time.

In most cases the system just stops (as the cpu has run over some corrupted
code). In some rare cases one can see strange program behaviour, e.g. the
sound library libasound.so responded with a symbol not found error (in this
case clearing the kernel cache reloaded the uncorrupted libasound code into
memory).

After a couple of weeks of tests, I found that this memory corruption only
occurs if:
- data from the bttv device is directly displayed on the video screen using xv
hardware acceleration on an geode lx system

It does NOT occur if:
- data from the bttv driver is displayed on the video screen using NO hardware
acceleration (x11)
- data from the bttv driver is transferred first to the hard disk and then (in
a second) step displayed on the video screen using xv hardware acceleration
- data from the bttv driver is directly displayed on the video screen using xv
hardware acceleration, but on an intel based system (also faster, more memory)
- data from a NON bttv based video card (em28xx, tw68) is directly displayed
on the video screen using xv hardware acceleration on the geode lx system

So, that seems to be a strange interaction of the bttv driver with the geode
lx video driver. I am pretty sure nobody will easily find this one. :-( So, we
finally switched to a TW6805 based card using the new tw68 driver from William
Brack.

Thanks for your consideration and best regards

Michael