Jan Slaninka wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to ask for a support with getting LeadTek WindFast DTV Dongle
mini running on Linux. So far I was able to fetch latest v4l-dvb from
HG, and successfully compiled module dvb_usb_rtl2832u found in

090730_RTL2832U_LINUX_Ver1.1.rar

From Ubuntu etc Webforums?

Not linuxtv.org or OSS code, missing license, so considered *Realtek
proprietary* as default license by (c) law.

Ask the maintainers to ask Realtek if they like to have it GPL'd so we can add,
improve and maintain it.

Do not distribute patches for it over this list or forums until license status
is cleared.

but with no luck.
The box says the dongle's TV Tuner is Infineon 396

No such Infineon Tuner http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/channel.html?channel=ff80808112ab681d0112ab6b9bb708b9
must be other device You've seen, possibly EEPROM/Regulator.

and Demodulator is
RTL2832U. Is there any chance with this one? Any hints appreciated.

Thanks,
Jan

Bus 002 Device 009: ID 0413:6a03 Leadtek Research, Inc.

Add this USB-ID to the driver and try your luck.

If the frontend tuner is not detected automatically, assign it manually in the
source code.

tom