Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 03/12/2010 01:21 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>>> Hi Hans,
>>>
>>> As we've agreed that the idea is to allow multiple people to commit at
>>> v4l-utils,
>>> today, I've added 3 commits at v4l-utils tree (2 keycode-related and 1
>>> is .gitignore
>>> stuff). One of the reasons were to test the viability for such commits.
>>>
>>> I've temporarily enabled the same script that we use for upstream
>>> patches to
>>> generate patches against linuxtv-commits ML.
>>>
>>>  From my experiences, I have some notes:
>>>     1) git won't work fine if more than one is committing at the same
>>> tree.
>>> The reason is simple: it won't preserve the same group as the previous
>>> commits. So,
>>> the next committer will have troubles if we allow multiple committers;
>>>
>> I assume you are talking about some issues with permissions on the
>> server side here ?
>
> Yes. The new objects and the touched files got a different group ownership
> after git push. I had to manually fix them at the server.

I added a hook that will likely fix it. As I have a few more changes to
ir-keytable,
I'll be sending it directly and see if the permissions are properly fixed.

Please, don't upgrade the version yet just due to keytable, as I'm still
working on
more keytable patches, to handle the new uevent attributes (to match the IR
core patches
I posted earlier today).

--

Cheers,