Hello,

We are now able to reproduce the problem faster and easier (using the
patched version of szap-s2 and the scripts included in the tar.gz :
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/17334
and
http://cache.gmane.org//gmane/linux/drivers/video-input-infrastructure/17334-001.bin
)

0) su -c "rmmod ngene && modprobe ngene one_adapter=0"

1) ./run_szap-s2_adapter0.sh | grep Delay

2) in parallel to 1)

szap-s2 -S 1 -H -c channels_DVB-S2_transponder_switch.conf -a 1 -n 1 -r -Q 7

(better: by adding "-Q" the program is terminated, and all devices are
closed after approx. 8 to 9 secs)

=> while 2) is running 1) will show increased tuning times

Delay : 0.541970
Delay : 0.606943
Delay : 1.410069 [ HERE 2) was started ]
Delay : 1.369592
Delay : 1.261879
Delay : 1.766680

3) after 2) has terminated simply let 1) continue for 30-40 iterations. you
will see

..
Delay : 1.845793
Delay : 1.772285
Delay : 2.045703
Delay : 1.817985
Delay : 0.982030
Delay : 1.769856
Delay : 1.769782
Delay : 0.537857
Delay : 21.628382

4) At this point, immediately press Ctrl-C and restart 1) - you will see

Delay : 0.577599
Delay : 0.549717
Delay : 0.593816
Delay : 0.593758
Delay : 0.549584
Delay : 0.546012

==> BAD: Problem seems to happen due to one adapter being opened and closed
again

==> GOOD: we are now able to easily and quickly reproduce both problems
without
Ctrl-C

thanks for your help,
Andreas Besse