Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 03/18/2010 01:25 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>> Hans de Goede wrote:
>>> Hi Mauro,
>>>
>>> Please pull from:
>>> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hgoede/gspca
>>>
>>> For the following changes:
>>>
>>> gspca_spca561: Fix LED on rev12a cameras
>>> gspca_spca561: Add support for camera button
>>> sn9c102: Make hv7131d sensor code also recognize the HV7131E
>>> gspca: make usb id 0461:0815 get handled by the right driver
>>
>> Hmm... something got wrong here:
>>

> <snip>
>

>> Maybe Douglas had to directly import some patches from -git, instead
>> of pulling from -hg
>> (or maybe you're just faster than Douglas, sending a new patch series
>> before he finish
>> the import of the older ones).
>>
>> Anyway, please, rebase your tree.
>>

> Will do.
>
>> This time, I just applied the last patches from the series.
>
> Thanks, note that you seem to have forgotten the last one:
>
> gspca: make usb id 0461:0815 get handled by the right driver

It is at the separate fixes.git tree (locally only, for now).

I'm not sure yet how we'll manage those fix patches during the two
merge windows, as, if I pull from fixes.git, we move our development
tree from 2.6.33 to 2.6.34-rc1. If otherwise I wait to merge it on
the next window cycle, people using our trees may have troubles with
things that got already fixed.

Also, porting/porting back between our git trees and upstream cause
troubles.

Perhaps one alternative would be to move the backport tree to git. Another one
would be to use "incoming staging" branches at their main tree (for example,
patches for x86 tip tree go first to a branch).

I need to think more about it and do some research before proposing something.
Of couse, ideas are always welcome.

Cheers,
Mauro